Thursday, April 18, 2013

Annotated Bibliography

Nonfiction book
Willis, Laurie. Depression. Detroit: Gale Group, 2008. Print.

This source was really helpful to me because it showed real people and their struggles with depression and other mental illnesses. It gives a lot of examples of people living in different situations so I believe that this was unbiased. It showed how they lived, their struggles, treatments options, and recovery. It was real life stories and it was quite helpful being that. This information will help me with my research because it gives me a better understanding of what it's like for others to live with depression.

Fiction Movie
Girl, Interrupted. Dir. James Mangold. Perf. Winona Ryder, Angelina Jolie, Whoppie Goldberg. Columbia Pictures, 1999. DVD.

This source was helpful to me because it shows treatment in a mental hospital. It can be scary being in there and this movie had a lot of uncomfortable moments but I still think it was very helpful. It gave examples of a lot of teenage girls with mental illnesses and how they get treatment. So this movie wasn't just about depression but it dealt a lot with depression. The main character had it and was hospitalized after a suicide attempt, so this movie also shows the tragic that depression can turn into. This information will help me with my research because it shows how mental hospitals have changed between the 1950s to now.

One of the five Articles
 Carey, Benedict. "Study Questions Effectiveness of Therapy for Suicidal Teenagers." Study Questions Effectiveness of Therapy for Suicidal Teenagers [New York] 09 June 2013: n. pag. Print.

This source was extremely helpful to me because it the article is saying how
therapy alone is not enough sometimes for suicidal teenagers. When they have a mental illness mixed with an eating disorder or a behavior problem it caused a lot of trouble for that person causing treatment to be very difficult. Depression in teenagers is getting incredibly hard to treat. This article says that one in 8 teenagers have persistent suicidal thoughts. About a third of these teenagers had made plans and attempted those usually within a year of having those thoughts. This information will help me because it's more information on this topic that helps me understand how complicated this illness is.

6 comments:

  1. Great Information sharing .. I am very happy to read this article .. thanks for giving us go through info.Fantastic nice. I appreciate this post. depression treatment singapore

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want every herpes patient to please read my testimony, my name is SARAH MORGAN and I am from California in the USA, I contracted genital herpes from my ex boyfriend who never had any symptoms. I have had it for 4 months now., and it has affected my life. I have told my boyfriends who I trusted about it and I have never had a bad reaction, it has affected my new relationships with Smith and people think herpes is really a minor skin irritation herpes has a long term effects on health. The stigma attached to this virus by ignorant people is ridiculous. Most people have herpes in one form or another. I would like to advise people on how I get rid of my herpes and I was reading a comment on the internet,and I saw a testimony posted by a woman from Germany that she get rid of her herpes with the help of DR AHKIGBE and so I was so happy when I saw that post, that his herbal medication is free and I quickly collected the herbal doctor email and I email him within 3 hr he respond to my email and I explain things to him he told me not to worry that he is going to cure me totally with his herbal medicine he only request for little money that he will use to buy the items for the preparation of the herbal medicine, wish I send to him because the pain was too much for me to bear and after some days he told me that he has prepare the herbal medicine, that I should send him my address that he want to send it to me via DHL or FED-EX that was how I got the herbal medication and I use it as I was told and after few days I found out that my herpes was no more, i went to hospital for confirmation and it was true really that was how i got my cured. DR AKHIGBE also cure other deadly diseases like,  HIV/AIDS, HERPES, DIABETES,CANCER, ALS, ASTHMA, WEAK BODY,  HEPATITIS A&B, DENGUE FEVER, RABIES, MARBURG  DISEASE, THYROID, SMALLPOX, ARTHRITIS, MENINGITIS ,LUPUS, EPILEPSY, CHRONIC DISEASE, DICK AND BREAST ENLARGEMENT, MALARIA, BACTERIAL DIARRHEA HEART DISEASE., JOINT PAIN, STOMACH PAIN,  DENGUE SCHIZOPHRENIA, POLIO,MULTIPLES SCLEROSIS, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE,  SORENESS/INJURY,  VAGINAL  DISCHARGE,  CHANCROID, DEPRESSION, TUBERCULOSIS, ALZHEIMER , PENIS ENLARGEMENT, PARKINSON'S, to get your rid kindly via his email:   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    contact his number:  +2349010754824           website:  https://drrealakhigbe.weebly.com       you can still write me on Instagram to get more information. on Sarah Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I GOT CURED FROM HERPES VIRUS I was diagnosed of HERPES virus and i have tried all I can to get cured but all to no avail,,until I saw a post in a health forum about a herbalist man who prepare herbal medications to cure all kind of diseases including #HERPES virus,at first I doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try,when I contacted this herbalist via his email and he prepared a #HERPES herbal cure and sent it to me via DHL delivery company service, when I received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by direction on how to apply it,after applying the way I was instructed,I was totally cured of this deadly disease called HERPES, all thanks to Dr OGODO Email this great herbal doctor via his email Ogodoherbalhomesolution@gmail.com
    You can also WhatsApp him on +2349044680467
    HE CAN ALSO CURE SICKNESS LIKE
    {1}HIV/AIDS
    {2}DIABETES
    {3}EPILEPSY
    {4} BLOOD CANCER
    {5} HPV
    {6} ALS
    {7} HEPATITIS
    {8}LOVE SPELL
    {9} SICKLE AND ANEMIA
    Only DR OGODO Can Help You I Love You Father.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m recommending Dr Godday to everyone who have herpes virus to get the cure from him. I was diagnose of genital herpes in 2015 and i have been searching and asking questions to see if i could get something to cure the disease because i did not believe what the doctors say that no cure is found yet. I came across a comment on Youtube and the person testify how she was cured from herpes and hpv after using Dr Godday herbal medicine. I quickly contact Dr email and explain my problem to him and he prepare the herbs and send it to me through courier and gave me instructions on how to use it and tell me to go for checkup after usage which i did after two weeks of taken the herbal medicine and my result was NEGATIVE. I waited another month and retested the result was still NEGATIVE and my doctor told me that am completely free from herpes. Am so happy and grateful to Dr Godday for what he has done for me and i will continue to share this for people out there to know that there is cure for herpes. You can contact Dr Godday on email and WhatsApp to get the cure from him. Email:goddayspiritualhome@gmail.com Or Call/What’s-app +1{919}4956404

    ReplyDelete
  5. All thanks to Dr.chala for helping me with his herbs to cure my (HERPES VIRUS) right now everything is fine thank God for everything, doctor Chala you are the best i ever meet he is real and can be trusted and also he is the best traditional herbal doctor in West African Nigeria you can email him dr.chalaherbalhome@gmail. com he can also cure (1} HIV And AIDS (2) HPV (3) Diabetes (4) Hepatitis (5) Vitiligo (6) Blood Cancer (7)) Acid reflux (8) STD {9} Fibroids (10) ALS {11} Thyroid {12} Blood pressure, to no more about Dr chala and his product visit his website on http://drchalaherbalhome.godaddysites.com or. https://mywa.link/dr.chalaherbalhome

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Everyone, i am from Florida USA. I want to share my testimonies to the general
    public on how this great man called Dr OLOKUN who cure my herpes. I have been a HERPES patient for over 9 Months and i have been in pains until i came across this lady when i traveled to Africa for business trip who happer and she told me that there is this great herbal doctor that help her tocure her herpes and she gave me his email address for me to contact and i did as she instructed. The man Dr OLOKUN told me how much to buy the
    herpes herbal medication and how i will get it, which i did. And to my
    greatest surprise that i took the Herpes herbal medicine for just two week as he
    instructed and behold i went for a herpes test, to my greatest surprise for the
    doctor confirmed me to be herpes free and said that i no longer have
    herpes in my system and till now i have never felt any pains nor herpes again, so i
    said i must testify the goodness of this man to the general public. So if
    you are there surfing from this Herpes problems or any deadly disease or
    other disease for i will advice you to contact him on his working
    email: drolokuntemple@gmail.com OR whatsapp hem on this very numberor +2348132537313

    ReplyDelete