Friday, April 12, 2013

Skins

There's a tv show that captures a lot of issues. It's called Skins. My favorite season in the 4th one and my favorite episode is the 4th one with Freddy and Effy.
Here are some good quotes from that season that kind of have to deal with depression.


Effy: But they know now! And they’re hungry. Really fucking hungry. Because for as long as I’ve known, they’ve been chasing me and now they’re ready, now they’re strong enough to break through. And I can’t fight them. I used to be able to when I was strong but… you’ve made me weak. And now I can’t, I can’t!

I chose this quote because it shows that Effy is unhealthy in her thinking and that over time she has let her guard down making her powerless to her mental illness.

Cook: Nothing good every stays with me. Absolutely nothing.

This is a good quote because it shows the mindset of someone with depression. It shows you that they struggle with the good and bad in their lives just like everyone else.

Katie: I don’t know who I am anymore

When you have a mental illness like depression you tend to loose yourself in that. You lose who you are and just become depression.

Emily: I could be dead in a second

This is a good one too because it shows that when people are feeling that low about life they realize just how fragile they really are and that dealth is always lurking around them.

“We’re all lonely, and all we want is for someone to pay attention and tell us we’re beautiful.” Skins Series 4 Episode 2.

Most of the time when people are depressed they just want someone to help them out and tell them that they care about them. So this a good qoute showing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment